Let the Mom Encourager Speak with your group!



Check out my speaking calendar
and topics for your group at

Get a Daily Dose of
Mom Encouragement
Sometimes funny,
sometimes spiritually challenging -
always encouraging.



Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Unexpected

Tears welled up in my eyes today.  Not because my children would now be home everyday for the next ten weeks. But because the end of the school year marked another year gone.  I was unprepared for overwhelming emotion. Tears ran down my cheeks and I stood in the kitchen, "My babies are growing up."

"I know," said the Colonel and drew me into his arms.

2 comments:

  1. I was feeling the same way over the weekend and this morning. I even went into the now 5th graders room to snuggle in bed with her. It was bittersweet and wonderful. They ARE growing up and it makes me cry, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know too well how you feel. No more babies. I cried with tears of pride mixed with grief when i walked out of the Kindergarten classroom with AG. She had grown so much in this year. She was SO ready to leave and leave Kindergarten behind so it did help. This morning, i put my 16 yr old on a plane to TX with his school group - what a big step for all of us!! Now i am sad.

    ReplyDelete