- Extra time. Got to spend a little extra time with my man today before he headed off for duty. He's on duty for a while and will be unavailable - made even more bittersweet with it being Father's Day.
- Good friends. Spent the afternoon with another family whose Dad is away for Father's Day. I told her kids to ask their Dad what he got them for Father's Day - new tradition!
- A new book. I bought each of my kids a new book to kick off summertime reading and they are all upstairs reading quietly before bed. Bliss.
- Chocolate. And not just any chocolate. But double chocolate fudge brownies - oh my goodness are they delicious. I'll save some for the Colonel.
- Fireflies. Nothing can bring back the simplicity of childhood like catching fireflies at dusk. We ran through the yard and down the pipe-stem. Put a few in a jar to watch them light up, up close. We laid on our back and waited for the first star to come out. That's the stuff blessings are made of!
Looking now for a scripture on chocolate ... I'm sure it's heaven sent!